What is Sortir Diner?
Sortir Diner is an elegant and useful iOS universal application for the Swiss newspaper Le Temps, working on the iPhone, the iPad and the iPod touch, developed jointly by akosma software and Trifork GmbH.
Sortir Diner is a premium restaurant guide for Switzerland (available in French only at the moment) providing the description and directions of the finest restaurants around. The contents of the application are taken from the guide “Le Petit Suisse à Table”, and feature over 400 restaurants in Switzerland.
- Find restaurants classified by canton and city.
- Browse restaurants classified by specialty.
- Filter restaurants specialized in fish, having a terrace, or only opening on Sundays.
- Search restaurants using free text keywords.
- Find restaurants around your current location (using the built-in GPS.)
- Each restaurant features a custom screen, with the menu, contact information, the possibility to share it with friends via e-mail, and many other options.
- Keep bookmarks to your favorite restaurants in the “Favoris” screen.
- Shake the device to discover a random restaurant (only available in the iPhone and iPod touch.)
- Browse the map of Switzerland and discover new restaurants.
- On the iPad, use gestures to browse any list of restaurants: swipe to the left to see the next restaurant, swipe to the right to see the previous one.
- Suggest new restaurants to the editorial team, for inclusion in the next versions of the application.
Everybody who would like to use a restaurant guide.